Thursday, October 2, 2008

Being lazy

OK - Sorry I haven't gotten an update out in a while. We went on vacation the 18th & 19th of September and I THOUGHT I'd post some cute pictures of WD's first camping vacation but I didn't really take any pictures. Then the next week we went... well crud - I can't even remember what we did then. I barely remember what we did last weekend - but I know I took pictures of it!! ;-) So keep your eyes posted here and I'll try to get some of them up this weekend.
Back to vacation - I've been asked how camping went with the baby. We went to Elk Rock State Park on Red Rock Lake (between Knoxville & Pella). The first night was a little rough, he would only sleep in my arms, and did so for about 1 1/2 hours. The next night it went fine. We were pretty lazy, taking several little naps, and doing nothing. Dave read some, and Rob, Sut, & Row came out to visit us Friday night for hot dogs, chili dogs, and s'mores. That same night, Jeromy, Tab (Campbell), Erin & Bryce Metier [friends from Knoxville] came out and had some more s'mores. All this time relaxing and Dave and I didn't even get to duke-it-out this year to see who could be the Rummy champion, even though we're both pretty confident it would have been me. :-)
Check back shortly for pictures from last weekend's hiking at Yellow Banks.

No comments: