Friday, October 31, 2008

Stomach Flu

Last weekend was nice, Dave watched WD and I baked and cooked all day Sunday (breakfast, casseroles, and cookies, cookies, cookies [recipe to come soon]). But the quiet wouldn't last too long. Early Thursday morning (about 12:30am) William woke up crying and woke us up. after we had a half-coherent debate of which one of us was getting up, I got up to hold him and while I was rocking him smelled something terrible. I turned on the light to see that poor little WD had vomit all over his head, face and crib. After stripping him, the sheets, and the bumper, and after he threw-up another time, I was able to hold him and get him back to sleep.

I however work up and got in the shower to get ready for work, but by the time I crawled out of the shower, all I was doing was putting on my pajamas, and crawling back in bet. And Crawling isn't too far from the truth as I was afraid I was soon to be the next to throw-up.

In sparing the gross details, I have stayed home from work yesterday and today (Friday). Because WD also had recently thrown up, I kept him home from the sitters. Thank goodness Grandma Karyn was able to come up yesterday and help out with him, as I sure wasn't feeling up to it, since I spent the day laying down and not eating anything. So much for trick-or-treating with WD. So far today I can sit up and tolerate short periods of time standing up. I'm feeling weak and lightheaded, but as Dave points out, that's to be expected when you haven't eaten anything in over 24 hours. I've had a piece of bread and some broth, and I'm hungry for more, but my stomach reminds me not to push my luck.

Oh well - this too shall pass. Just thankful for Grandma Karyn, and that Dave hasn't gotten it. Uncle Rob was also here for the night working and on breaks entertaining WD.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Ugh...hope you guys are on the mend. We had the same crud last weekend, thankfully Sydney didn't seem to get it (but she had another sinus infection). This has been a rough month for colds. Here's to a healthy November!!