Wednesday, August 20, 2008

That which does not kill us...

That cliche is on my mind right now and I personally feel like it's full of crap. I know I'm not alone when I say that today, the legal system has now lost any faith that I (or any of my friends and family) had in it. I am of course referring to the custody case for my nephews in which temporary custody was awarded to their mother.
Since this is my blog and I can basically say what ever I want, I'm really feeling torn right now as I have plenty I'd like to say about this. However, it stinks that I'm going to bite my tongue as I'm a "better person" than that (or something).
There is truly something wrong with the justice system when they will award custody of two innocent children to a person who gets them interested in alcohol, manipulates and yells at them daily, and yet refuses to discipline them. OR when the children cry and beg not to have to go back to their mother's.
It's just not right.
I encourage you all to say a prayer for Rob to have strength to get through this tough time. Pray for the judge that will preside over his divorce hearing next year to have the wisdom, insight, and understanding that Judge Keller was apparently missing. I also ask you to pray that Rob doesn't give up and comes out fighting (I fear he'll really regret it if he doesn't)!!!
Keep your head high Rob - we love you!
That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.

No comments: