Tuesday, August 5, 2008

New Nightly Ritual?

It's been interesting trying to get William to go to bed lately. As a new mom I have such mixed emotions about it. When he does go to sleep - I want to watch him and touch him and snuggle him, but I should be doing things like laundry, cleaning, working-out, or sleeping! Then when he's awake that's all I think about doing as he's getting to the stage when he doesn't want to snuggle, he wants to move and look around! UGH... Don't get me wrong - it's great that he's so attentive and alert, it's fun to watch...but I'm already missing the clinginess! (I'm a silly first-time mom and i'll get over that quick enough I'm sure - at least that's what I'm thinking all the other moms reading this are thinking of me!!!)
So I've started carrying him into our bed for about 10 minutes at night and Dave and I lay in bed with him. Sometimes I take the time to brush my teeth and Dave reads whatever he's reading to William (last night it was a Robert Ludlum spy novel). And we all play for a few minutes, then we kiss him good night and he get put down in his crib. I'm not sure if this is going to be a bad habit, or just something fun - I guess only time will tell!

No comments: