Saturday, December 20, 2008

An afternoon outing to the mall (the weekend before Christmas)

Ok - So I met someone on-line, and Dave knows all about it. Well I met them today for lunch...and I had a very nice time. Her name is Sarah, and I met her and her daughter for lunch at Panara Bread (at Jordan Creek). Sarah just moved back from several years in Korea, and was looking to find some babies her daughter's age to play with. So she and I got to talking on-line and set up today's meeting. She's very nice, and it was really interesting to learn things about her, her daughter (who's about 2 weeks older than WD), and the differences from having an infant in Korea (naturally!) and coming back to Iowa (where Sarah is from, and where her parents live). I had a very nice time, and am looking forward to meeting up with them again.

After a small lunch, WD and I thought we'd go check out the mall, to putz away a little time, and maybe keep an eye out for some black shoes for me. 4 hours later...we left with a couple little things and a new pair of shoes. It was so nice actually. As crazy-busy as the mall was, WD and I took our time, and looked around, and smiled at people. WD only got a 30min nap on the way there, but you'd never know as he was so well behaved! Of course, the challenge is tonight as he's wound for sound! Jibber-jabbering and cruising around and just going non-stop!

Tomorrow the high temp is suppose to be -1! I told Dave of my concerns taking WD out for church...but I guess we'll just see how the night goes, and how we feel in the morning.

Best wishes to all and keep warm!!!

No comments: